Monday, April 21, 2008

Saying goodbye is hard, but the parties are always fun!

It's official. Linsday and Andrea really are leaving, and we've had the party to prove it. I don't want them to go, and have contemplated various methods of detaining them, but they will go, and they will be missed.

Claire, Cole, Heidi and Peter hosted their going away party on Saturday night and a great time was had by all (which my mom knows, cause when I got home at 2:30am I started drunk-emailing people, including her, though I think I kept it together enough that she couldn't tell, but I guess the cat's outta the bag now).

Tonight Janna and I are hosting their "Last Supper". There will be friends, sausage, pumpkin, beer, and lots of tears.


Lindsay and Janna

The Girls: Janna, Regan, Lindsay, Heidi, me, Andrea

The good thing about not having dining room furniture is that it makes a great excuse for a dance party

Me and Claire - the proud (soon-to-be) co-owners of a 96 Corolla

A new car gift from Jules and Janna - Grandma and Grandpa, no need to worry when I'm out in the car, we're covered.

Me and Fred (who works at the guest house where I stayed when we first arrived)

Lindsay - I'm pretty sure this face was meant to say "I'm so sad and will miss you so much Heather, please don't make me go, you are too great to leave, how am I expected to live without your witty personality or potato salad" but somehow comes across as "are you serious? I'm leaving?"

3 comments:

Dad said...

Hi Heather.. so a 96 Corolla is soon to be? That is great news.. that is the one you emailed about? Pictures for sure... hey, those pics look like you had a great party. Okay, now I am going to try an sign this the right way.. Sunburns all around here too, now. Miata top is down, bikes are on the road... warming up... Yee haw.. did this right!!!!

Heather said...

Who said you can't teach an old Dad new tricks? ;)

Stephanie said...

Sausage, pumpkin and beer - sounds like quite the meal! This coming weekend is Greek Orthodox Easter so I'm looking forward to lamb and roasted potatoes :)