I was actually looking forward to helping out with the poster and other promo materials, because I think they looked pretty crappy last year, and this year the whole world will be watching MANET+, so we need to do a good job. So when Victor sat down in my office on Tuesday to ask me to do the poster I was happy. Then he followed it up with "So you will finish that today. Oh, and I need you to do the brochure today too."
It's frustrating to know that this task could have been given to me with far more advance notice, but I've done my best. I made my "today" deadline for the brochure, but only managed to do a mockup of the poster with a photo that I took of a little boy at my last field visit. We had to choose between getting in the car yesterday and driving 2.5 hours to the place where I took it, photo in hand to find someone who knows who the boy is and then convince his parents to give consent for us to use it in a national poster campaign, or take some new pics. So I spent yesterday afternoon taking pictures of HIV+ children from 2 of our support groups in Lilongwe (with parents who had no problem consenting). Here are some of the results (plus one of a grandma). I have made mockups with some of the ones I think are best for the poster (not necessarily the ones I have included here) and the MANET+ staff are voting on which they like best.
6 comments:
Heather: I like the very last one.. the smile behind the candle .. like hope. These pictures really spoke a thousand words Heather.
Heather: I like the very last one.. the smile behind the candle .. like hope. These pictures really spoke a thousand words Heather.
I think the one with the boy in the blue shirt to the left of the field...
But that's just me. I can't believe they expect that kinda turn around. 2 Pieces of marketing materials in 1 day! That's nutso!
I know you'll do the best you can with what you got, and that's all that you can do.
Miss ya!
Memy
Yep, smile behind the candle is my vote too!
Alicia
I like the one with the boy laughing the giant belly laugh. That one is the best! They are all beautiful though, great photos and they really capture the kids' spirits.
Kelly xoxo (sorry I have been crap at reading the blog this past month, will do better this coming month I promise!)
Being in and of Zim - Elections like the one for the best pic willl always be a favourite of mine !!I love and want vote for the very last one, i hope that polling had not yet closed and the ballots have not yet been counted ,collated, verified and announced. In case my choice has lost or will loose i will require a second round runoff between the two pics with he most counts . ha ha ha.... :)
All the pics are superb hon and tell a story. Can somebodyelse help me in convincing Heather that some people make money or second careers out of such i.e. their passtime? You are good at photography .... in case you don't know already
Post a Comment