Saturday, September 27, 2014

A less than perfect romantic life: the Silver Lining

It's been 4 months since I moved home, and there are many things that I could share with you about the being back, my new job, fun summer stuff that's been happening, my brother's wedding, this past week in Tanzania or the two weeks before that in Kenya (all for work), the relationship I was in... then out of, the trip I'm taking to lay on a beach in Mexico for a few days after Thanksgiving (part of a new strategy I'm working on, since I don't want to keep moving countries every time a relationship ends), plans for the future (that's a lie, I barely have any) etc. More about all of that another day.

First things first. After giving my online dating profiles a break for a little while, they're back working in full gear and I've a promise to keep, so here's a brief look at some of the guys I've 'met' online.


The Guy Who Needs To Be More Decisive


The Guy Who Asks The Hard (Pre-) Questions


The Guy Who Probably Is Banned From Parks For Stimulating Women He Met Online There


 The Guy Who Knows My Hips Don't Lie


The Guy Who Has Watched Pretty Women One Too Many Times


The Guy Who Comes With His Own Safety Warning


 The Guy Who Likes To Contradict Himself
badboyasaurus is too nice huh?

 The Guy I Find Myself Oddly Attracted To Simply Because He's Already Got Lovin



 The Guy Who Is Too Good To Be True
Likes trains AND has a dirty mind?
Outta my way bitches, he's all mine.




 The Guy Who Truly Lives Up To His Screen Name

This guy works, and has family and friends.
My mind is blown by how unique this one of a kind catch is!
Ah, there it is. Yup, definitely a unique trait these days.


The Guy Who Needs To Move On...
 ... For Reals
In my experience, only Bizarre Guys assert that they're not.

The Guy I'm Pretty Sure Posed At The Pond Near My Aunt's House


  
 The Guy Who Should Have Second Guessed The Level Of Honesty He Was Willing To Go With



 The Guy Who Was Almost Endearing Until He Brought Up His Mommy Issues 

Go call your mother like a good boy.

The Guy I Totally Went On a Date With Because He Made Such Entertaining Use of the "Explain Your Answer Here" Section

Every single time I'm on an airplane I cure those goddamn tiny cups they give you -
thanks for the mouth full of apple juice but I'm motherfucking PARCHED.



He was a German Atmospheric Physicist. I guess they're into potatoes.

 The Guy Who Made Me Stop To Think About How Foot Massages Aren't Covered By My Benefits Plan



 The Guy(s) With Odd Questions



 The Guy Who At Least Chose Not To Objectify My Body



The Guy Who Thinks He's Being Romantic But Is The Mayor Of Creepytown

When I'm having a bad day, I might come back and read this though, just to be reminded.
Um, thanks.


 The Guy Who Makes Me Feel Dirty For Being Assertive

The Perfect Man
What a coincidence, I'm looking for that too!


The Guy Whose Life Is About To Change

Fly away little bird, your people await



The Guy I Saved For Last... Because There Are No Words

The thing that upsets me most about this is that we have a 90% match. Please god let that 9% enemy be all the stuff that counts, otherwise I need to change everything about myself.

So there you go. Some of the guys I've 'met' recently online. If you're not single, please hold your special someone a little closer tonight. If you are, I'm home in a couple days from a 3 week work trip and could probably use some tequila.

xo
H





The Guy... Who Is Really Just A Palate Cleanser So You Can Move On With Your Day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather I am a loss for words. That last picture does say it all.