I’m in Kenya at the moment, for a planning meeting with 22 colleagues from South Sudan. I’ll probably tell you more about it later, but for now, here’s a little ditty from last night:
10pm – I’m sitting in bed, working
Phone rings, it’s a colleague who is also here at the lodge. I answer.
Me: Hey, what’s up?
Him: There are monkeys in my cottage.
Me: Huh?
Him: There are monkeys in my cottage. In the roof.
Me: There are monkeys in your roof?
Him: Ya. They’re making lots of noise. They’re being really frisky, you know, sex. I think.
Me: There are monkeys having sex in your roof?
Him: It’s really disturbing us and we can’t manage to shoo them away. There’s lots of them.
Me: There’s a monkey orgy underway in your roof?
Him: I think so.
Me: There’s a monkey orgy going on in your roof and you’re calling me why?
Him: We thought you would know what to do.
And that my friends, I do believe, is proof that in my meager 4+ months, I’ve really made an impression.
2 comments:
It's true. When I think animal orgy, I automatically think Heather
oh heather... you actually might know what to do. lol
Post a Comment