Sunday, September 07, 2008

Day 7, 8, 9: Bulawayo


Me, Sandra and Grace (they were happier to see me than they appear in this photo)




Bulawayo is the second largest city in Zimbabwe, and I personally love it. There is great architecture, it’s not too big, not too small, and has a great art gallery. Keith and I went there for a few weekends because we liked it so much. The highlight of this visit was getting to see 2 friends – Sandra and Grace – who formerly lived at the polytechnic. We also spent a couple of hours exploring the Khami ruins, which is about 20kms outside of town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great updates, Heather. Helps to put a picture to what you are doing over there. Guess you are back into the routine, aren't you. I, for one, have not found the new routine yet.. panic is setting in as retirement day approaches. Yikes. Anyway, say hello to Alexio from his unknown friends in Oak Ridges... take care. Dad. Anonymous as that is the way I figured out how to do this..

Shannon said...

Hey Heather,
The pictures of you I'm guessing are at the "great Zimbabwe" or something like that. I just learned about it and how it is one of the owrld's most signifigant archaeological sites. Thats so cool that you got to go there. I learned about it today. Someone did a presentation on it.
Love you sooo much!!!
p.s. your pictures look A LOT better than the ones the presenters had in their powerpoint. lol :)